Monday, January 10, 2005

Ahoy there Matey!

We went to the library sale @ suntec today. I think last year's sale was much better even though it was also the last day. Got 7 books, 3 for kei kei. Just like last year, books are 1 for S$1. That is if you buy in even numbers (cos its buy 2 for the price of 1). At exactly 6pm during the sale, the entire convention hall observed a minute's silence to remember those who perished in the Tsunami disaster. All activity stops, cash registers do not ring, the place was so quiet. Looking around at the faces near me, i thought, most of these people keeping silent here do not look as if they mean it. They gave the impression that they were just waiting for that 1 minute to be over. After we finished we trudged down to City Chain to adjust the watch my mum got for me in Hong Kong. My god! Almost half the length of the watch (in links) was taken out!

While walking around, i noticed so many of the shops are having sales. Help me! I have the urge to go shopping again. After the money i spent during the Mango sales, that is a highly unwise urge.

Throughout the time i spent with Ben, i had these wierd food cravings coming suddenly. I wanted to eat Auntie Anne's Pretzels, I absolutely love Auntie Anne's Pretzels. My favourite one is Caramel Almond. In the past, they used to give you the dip free, if you order Caramel Almond. Now, however, they make you pay for it!? How unfair is that! Then next i wanted to eat Pound Cake. I realised i havent eaten pound cake in a long long time. I could almost taste it in my mouth. So i bought pound cake for breakfast tomorrow but there is less than half left now.

Went back to Ben's place for dinner as his uncle made Hokkien Prawn Mee. The Prawn Mee was very good, better than most of the usual you have in the food courts we have here. Watched tv while eating and it was kinda tricky eating and watching cos i had to balance the plate in my hand. I couldnt hold it from the bottom as it was hot, neither could i hold it on one side, in the middle of the air as it was too heavy. I couldnt put it on my thighs as my skirt was riding up and the hot part of the plate would have gotton onto my skin. Thus if i wanted to balance it on my body it would have to be on my tummy. But this way my mouth would be too far from the plate. And being a not so clean eater, that is not a very good position to be in. In the end i balanced the plate with my five fingers on the egdes of the raised circle beneath the plate.

The next obstacle was eating with a fork, did i mention i am not exactly a very clean eater?? I was terrified of spilling the noodles here, there everywhere or getting some on my shirt or face etc and thus embarassing myself in front of his family. Why didnt it occur to me to get chopsticks? Which i am definitely more adept at than forks. *what an idiot*

Till my next (not so interesting) adventure in Singaland.

No comments: