Sunday, January 16, 2005

Happy Birthday my baby buns

Ben is 26 today!!! We started the celebrations on friday night actually. They had a big everybody in january celebrate together at Double O thingy. I think double o is rather okay but just not fun enough, the crowd is predominantly a working older place thingy as opposed to a rnb club like black or rouge/zouk where the music really rocks and the crowd is younger.

The next day was dinner with his family at Novena. There was so much food, it couldnt be finished. Was a little late cos i went to get a gift for baby. Since orchard is so near novena and ben hates orchard road jams, i took a bus down to meet him. After the dinner, we drove all the way to Fisherman's Village(Pasir Ris of all places). It turns out they waited for us before ordering(paiseh paiseh). Played some drinking games after dinner, which got more than a few of this little group a little high. I played on the swings with ben for a little while at Pasir Ris Park, i dont think i ever went so high up. It was my romantic highlight of the night. I wish i had my camera. There were stars out, Ben taught me some, funny i never noticed the patterns till he pointed them out. We left for home(mine) and then i had to sleep already as i was dead beat after a long day on my feet. I had lots of fun with my baby and his friends.

Today proper went out with parents and aunt to buy new year stuff. Bought almost everything i need cept for a few items. Reached home, had a little rest and got ready for our soccer game. The game was not THAT exciting. Funny that the highlight of the entire time was caused by a bunch of jokers who suddenly decided to cheer and spray foam-bottle cans when indonesia scored. Thus catching the attention of the riot-fearing police men who then brought them out to take them names. The bunch of jokers became heros.

Have you ever seen triple lane parking(i.e. 3 lanes of cars + the parking lot)? If you came early for that parking lot....dulan i tell you, you would have been stuck in a see of cars right smack in a middle of nowhere with 3 lanes of cars on your right and the row of seperator on your left. The whole driving lane turned into a mass carpark. This shows that you shouldnt come early to park for big games, you will never get to leave. I knew Singapore would win in my gut, perhaps it is my staunch patriotism. Maybe i should have bet before going, could have got myself a little extra dough.

No comments: