Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas Time

On Sunday, my baby dressed up real nice and met me @ Orchard (cos i was there earlier to run SOME errands but turns out i went too early), I was delighted! I havent seen ben dressed up for some time. We went shopping for my gifts, got a ring, a dress, a skirt and a tube. Wow! We also went to NYDC for dinner, then watched Ocean's 12 and went back to NYDC for dessert.

And today, my baby got part 1 of his christmas gift. Before i met my baby, i had to run some errands, it just so happens that aaron is heading there to run errands too, so he accompanied me for a while and passed me my chocolates. It wasnt until i got home much later that i realised why the bag was so heavy, thank you very much aaron. Yes back to the main topic. We went for a simple dinner and when we got back to ben's place, we was so excited over his new gift that he ignored me for most part of the night. I didnt get to play with koby today though, didnt really want to, was rather tired after having to carry 2 heavy bags all around town.

`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^`^

Recently, on my shopping trips for gifts (be it for myself or for others), amidst the hustle and bustle of Christmas Shopping, I feel so happy. Even if the bulk of my earnings are going to others, the whole happy atmosphere just gets to me. I look around and think, wow! Its Christmas again, everyone is busy, running around getting presents for loved ones. The lightings at night are beautiful, once evening is around the corner, Orchard Road turns into a an illustrative page out of a story book. Some may say the lightings are the same every year, but they still have the same effect on me. The lights remind me of a time when i read Enid Blyton books, the place reminds me of the descriptions of the twinkling lights of the night parties held by fairies. The place just looks so whimsical, you feel as though you want to capture it all on film, but it doesnt matter what camera you use or how good you are because you wouldnt be able to capture the magical moment when you are standing below the lighted trees, full of imagination. It just wouldnt have the same effect.

No comments: