Monday, July 19, 2004

She is my hero.


seeing as it is my grandmother's 2nd yr anniversary of passing. i might as well share a poem i wrote for her a few years back. my poems usually arent much good. but they're just my way of releasing some of the grief inside. hope i write progressively less as that means i'm happier.this is not really one poem...more like a combination of both...
 
You always told us to eat everything in our bowl,
I'd do it.
 
You always told is to study hard,
I'd do it.
 
You always told is to be wary of strangers,
I'd do it.
 
You always told us to watch out for traffic,
I still do it.
 
You always told us to speak better cantonese,
I'm doing it.
 
You always told us to be good girls,
I'd do it.
 
But i know, no matter what i'm willing to do now,
You'll never be there to tell me i did a good job.
You'll never be there to smile at me again,
and i'll never get to kiss you good morning.
 
I remember all the times i held your hand,
all the times you told me to do things for my own good.
The times when we would come running when you came back,
or when you cut newspaper articles for us to read.
 
You are so far, in another world,
Yet so near, in my memory.
Touchable yet untouchable,
Just like the star in the distant night sky.
 
Forever lost to me,
forever in my heart.




No comments: